Our 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) was held last night at The Clarence Park Pavilion.
A full report will be sent in due course but in the interim here is a summary of the elected club officials and other positions, which were agreed at the meeting.
Elected Club Officials
- President - Peter Mardle
- Co-Chairmen - Andy Saunders and John Webber
- Hon. Secretary - John Rudlin
- Hon. Treasurer – Elizabeth Pelham
- Membership Secretary – John Webber
- Hon. Fixture Secretary – Hugo Thomas
- Child Welfare Officer – Andy Knill-Jones
Elected Cricket Officials
- Director of Cricket -Matt Howeson
- Sat 1XI (Club) Captain – Max Capaldi
- Sat 2XI Captain – Amit Rajani
- Sat 3XI Captain – Andrew Walker
- Sat 4XI Captain – Andy Saunders
- Sun 1XI Captain – Jacob Winfield
- Sun 2XI Captain – Andy Saunders
- Women's Captain – Amy Price
Non-Elected Committee Chairs
- Cricket sub-committee Chair - Max Capaldi
- Facilities sub-committee Chair -Clive Maynard
- Finance sub-committee Chair - Elizabeth Pelham
- Development sub-committee Chair– Andy Saunders
- Junior sub-committee Chair – Andy Knill-Jones
Non-Elected Club Officals
- External Liaison Officer – Andy Knill-Jones
- Head Coach- Richard 'Pies' Jerome
- Playing Facilities Manager (Clarence Park) – Phil Caley
- Playing Facilities Manager (Sandpit Lane) – Andy Saunders
- Housekeeping Manager – Barry Atkinson
- Club Welfare Officer – Andy Knill-Jones
With our current Chairman Paul Sands stepping down this season we have put in place a new, hopefully more streamlined organisational structure within the club, which spreads key roles among more people and should lead to more collective responsibility.
There are, however, a number of vacant positions that we urgently need to fill before the start of this year’s cricket season. These are not roles that will take up a lot of time or commitment and we have clear role descriptions available if needed, but they very important to the smooth running of the club moving forward.
These vacant roles are:
- Health and Safety Officer
- Payroll Manager
- Junior Membership Secretary
- Volunteer Coordinator
We also need urgently need more junior coaches and the club is happy to provide training and access to courses and qualifications for anyone interested.
Umpires and scorers are also always welcome and again the club will provide access to training and courses for anyone interested.
If you would like information or role descriptions about any of the vacant roles or more details about becoming a coach, umpire or scorer please contact Andy Saunders on firstname.lastname@example.org
St Albans Cricket club.